Surround yourself with the beauty & magnificence of nature in Northern MN. Let the animals, woods, and water calm & nourish your mind, body, & soul. Discover the solace & teachings of the natural world, and experience nature’s powerful healing benefits in this holistic weekend mindfulness retreat.
This integrative women’s weekend retreat offers an intimate setting to listen deeply to our bodies, minds, and hearts without the distractions of everyday life. In the safety of this co-created weekend container, we grow self-care, & learn to let go of the struggles that obstruct our ability to experience the freedom, peace, & joy that exist in every moment.
We come together for the weekend in silence and turn daily activities (eating, walking, sitting, standing, etc.) into an opportunities for mindfulness, insight, and connection. We let go of everyday talking & technology (i.e cell phones, internet, Ipads, etc) to support each other in experiencing softer, gentler, natural rhythms.
With each participant protecting this silence, we co-create a kind, spacious environment that supports each woman’s journey inward. As we rest in quietude, our perceptions & sensitivity to intuition naturally grows, and we become more attuned and open hearted to both the inner and outer world.
During this retreat, the facilitators will support participants by offering guided meditations; gentle mindful movement; instructions/group discussions on meditation, intuition, & heart practices; affirmations; individual reflection/meditation time; small group activities, time in nature; mindful daily activities; mindful eating; silence; personal & professional consultation based on Eastern Wisdom Traditions, Intuition, Western Psychotherapy, and Systems Theory; and Q&A.
This retreat is appropriate for both beginning & experienced mindfulness practitioners, and facilitators are available for individual meetings if a participant has questions arise.
- Quiet the “mental chatter” of the mind through mindful awareness of nature, mindful daily activities & silence
- Learn practices to soften & open the heart to ourselves, others, and life as it is
- Listen deeply to the mind, body, and spirit & as well as the natural world that surrounds & supports us
- Discover your true nature, which is pure goodness & unconditional love
- Develop intuition and learn how to use it with self & clients (individuals, couples and families) with opportunities for personal & professional consultation.
- Allow the power of nature to rejuvenate & transform your whole system, so you can serve others from natural abundance, fulfillment & connection.
We will be gathering daily at Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat, which is Deb’s cozy home nestled in the quiet & serene woods of Northern MN and on the quaint & quiet South Sugar Lake. Enjoy kayaking, canoeing, swimming on the smaller lake or in the stunning, clear, turquoise blue waters of Sugar Lake (which is connected to South Sugar Lake by a channel of water). Take a walk on the many paths in the woods; enjoy a bonfire; sit on the dock; or relax, sip tea, & observe wildlife in the spacious screened-in porch overlooking the lake & forest; or take in the fresh air on the lakeside patio.
Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat (Deb’s home) is located 3 ½ hours north of the Twin Cities and 15 miles south of Grand Rapids. (39045 Sissebakwet Shores Rd, Cohasset, MN 55721)
Note: When registering for the retreat, please let us know if you are willing to provide transportation –OR– if you need a ride. We can connect you to each other, and carpooling is encouraged.
Nourishing breakfasts, lunches, snacks, & beverages are provided in the cost of the retreat. (Please let us know if you have any special dietary restrictions.) – You are welcome to supplement meals and snacks with your own favorite food & beverages, and there is a full kitchen at the retreat location for your use.
Dinners will be on your own & at your own expense.
WHAT TO BRING
We will be outdoors in nature for portions of the day. Therefore, please dress comfortably & casually for varying weather conditions. Also, please bring a yoga mat and/or towel to lie down, blankets, pillow, meditation cushion, slippers, and anything else that may support you in feeling safe, relaxed, comfortable, centered, and cozy. You may also want to bring a watch, as we encourage participants to turn off electronic devices during the retreat.
PLACES TO STAY
Lodging is on your own & at your own expense. Book early, as summer is the busiest time in Northern MN.
Note: Please let us know if you are interested in sharing a room at Ruttgers or a hotel in Grand Rapids, and we can connect you to each other.
- Ruttger’s Sugar Lake Lodge-across the Lake from Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat (Deb’s house) – http://www.sugarlakelodge.com/
- Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat -(retreat location & place of silence) – The beds at the Bergmans’ home are all in a studio type space where all retreatants will share during the day. Because of the coziness of the space & respect for each other, we ask “lights out” be at 10:00.
- 1 queen bed, 1 full bed, & 1 queen mattress in loft-share full kitchen, bathroom, living room, screened in porch, lake, & land. $100/person/weekend Reservation: Contact Deb at email@example.com or 952.457.8557 to reserve 1 of 3 beds. Beds will be given on a first come, first serve basis and pd in full prior to the retreat.
- For the Hearty, Rustic, Adventurous, or Thrifty – You are welcome to camp on our 40 acres or deep into the woods on the 40,000 acres behind our house. We also have a rustic pull barn with several beds & couches (with a toilet and running water). $50/person/weekend. Reservation: Contact Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.457.8557 to reserve a rustic option. Payment in full is required prior to the retreat.
- Lodging in Grand Rapids, MN – There are several hotels in Grand Rapids, MN, which is a 15 minute drive to Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat. http://www.visitgrandrapids.com/stay/hotels-motels/
OPPORTUNITY FOR CHAIR MASSAGE
There may be an opportunity for chair massage at an additional cost??? (We are still working on the details.)
CEU’S/GROUP SUPERVISION FOR LMFT, LPC’S, & LPCC’s
Earn 18+ CEU’s/Group Supervision Hours towards LMFT, LPC, and LPCC clinical licensure. (A CEU application has been submitted to the Board of Marriage & Family Therapy.)
Certificates of Completion will be provided to submit to all other licensing boards.
SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL
The facilitators are committed to cultivating a retreat environment that is welcoming to people of diverse identities, including those of all races, ethnicities, cultures, sexual orientations, gender identities, religions, abilities, ages, and beliefs. It is our aim that all may feel safe and respected on their retreat.
10:00-12:00 Arrive & Settle in
12:00-1:30 Intro -What is brings you here?
1:30-2:00 What is meditation?
2:00-2:30 Guided Meditation
2:30-3:15 Individual Exercise -Unwinding Nature Meditation
3:15-4:00 Guided Mindful Movement (yoga) to release tension & let go of what keeps you from being fully present
4:00-5:00 Meditation on your own
5:00-6:00 Questions, Comments, Guided Meditation, Heart Practices (loving kindness, compassion)
6:00 Mindful Dinner on your own
The evening is free. -Continue to practice silence & mindfulness as you move through the rest of the evening and into the morning. Let the body, mind, and heart continue to settle.
8:00-9:00 Continental Mindful Breakfast at Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat
9:00-9:30 Morning Guided Meditation-Heart Practices/True Nature
9:30-10:30 Group Check In/Questions/Support/Instructions
10:30-12:00 Intuition- What is it? How do we tap into it? Grow Intuition Group Discussion
12:00-1:00 Mindful Lunch at Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat
1:00-2:30 Mindful Activity -walk, swim, kayak, bike, sit, snack, etc
2:30-4:30 Intuition – Continued, Case Consultation & Process
4:30-5:00 Guided Meditation
5:00 Mindful Dinner on your own
The rest of the evening is free. -Continue to practice silence & mindfulness in all daily activities. Let your whole system continue to settle and open to the inner & outer world.
8:00-9:00 Continental Mindful Breakfast at Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat
9:00-9:30 Guided Meditation/Affirmations about Expanded Consciousness & Changes on the Planet
9:30-10:00 Questions/Comments/Instructions/Intuition -Cont./Case Consultation
10:00-11:00 Tapping into Nature Meditation & Discussion
11:00-12:00 Closing Ceremony/Certificates of Completion/Evaluation
12:00-1:00 Community Lunch/Questions/Future Opportunities & Support
1:00 Good Bye
Early bird discount registration of $409 before 6/1/17
Regular registration of $449 after 6/1/17
- 3 days of luxurious self-care; deep connection to the rich inner & outer landscape; and grow your intuition & heart
- Earn 18+ CEU’s/Group Supervision Hours towards LMFT, LPC, & LPCC clinical licensure (CEU’s pending MN MFT Board approval.)
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks & beverages are included in the cost of the retreat. Dinner is on your own and at your own expense.
- Lodging is not included in the price of the retreat. Lodging is at your own expense and is on a first come, first serve basis. -Make your reservations today to stay at the place of your choice.
Rachel Greene, MA, LMFT is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and owner of Intuitive Therapy & Consulting; located at the Minneapolis office. She utilizes her intuitive and channeling abilities in sessions to assist in the healing process, and to help find the answers that lie within. Rachel primarily works with individuals and couples from an intuitive, holistic, and spiritual approach, that is neutral in nature and incorporates all faiths. She specializes in anxiety, depression, relationship issues, challenging family dynamics, workplace conflicts, grief & loss, and spirituality.
Rachel has an undergraduate degree from the University of Minnesota and a Masters Degree in Counseling and Psychotherapy from the Adler Graduate School. Prior to entering private practice, she was a Clinical Supervisor and spent several years working with individuals of all ages, couples, and families in an agency setting. She is a Minnesota Board Approved Supervisor for LMFT, LPC, and LPCC and offers business consults/coaching to licensed therapists and is available to speak at seminars, workshops, conferences, etc. It is her calling to assist people during their journey of growth while navigating through life’s challenges. She believes that we are always on our path, and offers spiritual guidance along the way.
Deb Hennen-Bergman, MA, LMFT, owner of Inner Peace Therapy and Yoga, is a licensed marriage and family therapist, MN Board Approved Supervisor, yoga instructor, & meditation teacher. She received a Master of Arts degree in clinical and psychological services and a post-Master’s Certificate in Marriage and Family therapy from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota. She received a yoga instructor certification through Yogafit, yoga therapy training with Indu Arora, and she practices meditation & yoga regularly in her own life.
Deb Hennen-Bergman, MA, LMFT offers an integrative supervision/consultation/therapy style that blends Western Psychology, Systems Approaches, and Eastern Contemplative Methods to address the mind, body, and spirit. She offers clients a safe place to explore, discover, connect, and expand themselves and to develop more curiosity about themselves, others and their worlds. She assists clients to live mindfully and intentionally, fully in the present.
Deb’s holistic healing approach is based on the on the use of loving-kindness to bring unconscious information into awareness, which facilitates deep insight and change. She offers unconditional support and holds “sacred space” to all clients to connect with their own and others’ innate goodness, wisdom and inner peace.
Register: Contact Deb at email@example.com/ 952.457.8557 to reserve your spot -AND- pay online or via check to complete the registration process. (See payment options below.)
- Join us on Aug 25-27, 2017. We will meet daily at Deb’s house (aka Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat, 39045 Sissebakwet Shores Rd, Cohasset, MN 55721).
- Tell us if you need a ride or can provide transportation, and we’ll connect you to each other.
- Tell us if you want to share accommodations & costs for lodging, and we’ll connect you to each other.
- Receive 18+ CEU’s/Group Supervision Hours towards LMFT, LPC, and LPCC licensure (CEU’s pending Board approval).
- Breakfasts, lunches, snacks and beverages at Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat are included in the cost of the retreat. (Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.)
- Dinners are on your own and at your own expense.
- Lodging is on your own and at your own expense. (Reserve accommodations today, as lodging fills up quickly.)
- Contact Deb to reserve 1 of 3 beds or a rustic option at Bergman’s Cedar Creek Retreat (Beds assigned on a first come-first serve basis and paid in full prior to the retreat.)
- See Handout: Opportunities for Silence to Dive Deep Within
We will send you a confirmation email once you are officially registered and another email closer to the retreat with more details about our time together. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions, and we’d be happy to assist you now or anytime prior to the retreat. Thanks. Deb: 952-457-8557 or Rachel: 651-387-5312
$409 Early Bird Registration (pay prior to 6/1/17) / $449 Regular Rate (pay after 6/1/17)
Pay by check:
Mail check to
39045 Sissabakwet Shores Rd.
Cohasset, MN 55721
Receive 18+ CEU’s/Group Supervision Hours towards LMFT, LPC, or LPCC licensure . (An CEU application has been submitted to the MN Board of MFT.)
— Sign up early. Space is limited to 12 women. —
Cancellation Policy: Receive 50% registration fee if you cancel before 1 week prior to the beginning of the retreat.